Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dear fruit, tôi yêu



Dear Fruit, I love you.
And in Hue, you decorate every street corner with colors, textures, sizes and shapes imaginable. Here as an ode to you!


You are sweet and nutritious
You come pre-packaged and your wrapping is 100% biodegradable
I'm not sad when I finish you because there is a seed inside which promises to make a new one!

You are beautiful and colorful and decorate my kitchen
Sometimes you come pre-soiced; ie citrus, or in convenient bite size portions like grapes
You keep it fresh - you do not stick around all year but are seasonal so you never get old or go out of style

You provide a taste or texture for any craving and you can be eaten salty or sweet
You come from pretty things like trees or bushes
You are always prepared for a special dining experience because you come with your own garnish

Sometimes your insides look much different than your outsides - like a surprise present all wrapped up
I can think of only one time in my life when I truly regretted eating you and that was my fault because I was in Egypt and I bought you from a man in the gutter.
Getting you involves fun things like climbing trees, going on hikes and going to the market

You go well with my second favorite thing in the world, granola
You have beautiful form and symmetry
You make flowers

1 comment:

  1. like this very much,next time we should discover more markets in Hue ^^

    ReplyDelete